Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What it Means to be Manly.

Sunny day spent in the shop
Remapping DNA of a car's chassis
Tiger Hair applied, " it's time to stop"

Declare war on a hornet's nest
Clad in anti-sting gear and armed
Soon hoist high, the Varnum Crest

Linger in abode of my rearing
Read the Wall Street Journal and watch TV
A trip to chop wood rapidly nearing



Working with Pops is always a good time. Sometimes I'm lazy getting around to it, but I really enjoy everything I learn from working with him. It's a lot easier to do now, too, since we can sorta mosey at our own pace and don't have to set too many time tables. I remember being frustrated as a child when I worked with him, because he was always trying to get a lot of work done and I was usually inexperienced in the tasks he had me set up for. This resulted in him having a shortened temper. I don't fault him for it, though. Managing a large dairy operation with some less than competent help is enough to put anyone on edge.

We have great times, now, and he's always happy to have the help. I'm hoping to make my way out to New Mexico again this winter. Though generally I prefer to laze about and just enjoy being away from Maine for a bit, I do enjoy putting in a day here or there of fixing up around the apartment or working in the wood shop with him.

Here's to Paps being cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So that's how you teach manliness. Here in the city it's very difficult to chop wood. I must re-evaluate my approach to Paris.

Ave said...

To Daddy-O!