Sunday, December 21, 2008

When Winter Takes Over

So I'm utterly exhausted at 1:53 in the AM as I start writing this brief entry. In an amazing move to show their retail supremacy, Sears decided it was most prudent to keep us there til 11 pm during one of the worst blizzards I've ever witnessed. The entire mall was closed. In fact, I'm pretty sure Sears was the only store open for a 40 mile radius.

Congratulations, Sears. You paid me to play Rockband in the electronics section because no one came into the store. And congratulations again for making me leave late enough that no gas stations were open and therefor I ran out of gas on the way home IN said blizzard.

So, that's what I spent an hour doing...pushing my car, along with the aid of a policeman and two utility workers, to the house. Then shoveling out the driveway and pushing the car in. All still during this blizzard. I think we're around 13-15 inches thus far with more on the way.

It's all motivation to get back to writing and get myself published.

Keep your eyes on the horizon, kid.

4 comments:

andalucy said...

That was nice of the policeman and utility workers to help!

L.C. Varnum said...

Yeah, I thought so! They were in really good spirits, too. Cracking jokes and whatnot. Considering most of the police in this area are incredibly arrogant and seem to enjoy powertrips, I was super impressed. I'm actually going to write a letter to the office of the veazie police commending him for being such a stand up officer.

Anonymous said...

Guezz, what a day!! But it was cool that the cop helped. You should write the letter and add another one to Sears for being stupid.

Anonymous said...

BTW,

MERRY CHRISTMAS SWEEEEEETIE!!