Friday, October 24, 2008

I'm Looking for a Way to Leave the World Today

Sooo, it's been a while. I'm just writing this to make sure I don't fall too far out of the habit. There won't be anymore installments of my untitled piece, as I will be finishing it up over the next week then preparing it for editing. Once the whole kitten kabootal is completed, I'll send out a copy to whomever wishes to partake. I'm feeling pretty excited to finish it, as I have a solid concept for where the story is going and this will be my first real project that I've finished with writing, other than works for school. This will also be the first one that, once completed, I'll be submitting to publishers. Go me.

Things are slowly moving in a positive direction for me. Though I'm frustrated about the lack of finding another job, I'm becoming much better with my finances and restraining myself from spending my money on things I don't need. It's amazing how far you can stretch a dollar.

This is all the more exciting as winter time is generally a difficult time for me. The short days play murder on my psychological stability, and I usually find myself frustrated, uninspired and angry a lot. Today marked a great day for me though. This stemmed from a dream I had last night in which I was dating Shakira. (For those of you not familiar with her, shame on you. For those of you who are unfamiliar with my desire to put a ring on her finger and call her wife...well, now you know.) It wasn't a dirty dream. We were just dating. I actually don't recall much of the dream except for saying to her , 'You know, if someone had told me a month ago that I would be dating you...I would have called them mad.' She then coyly smiled and giggled at me.

So I woke up feeling pretty good, despite the realization that I was not, in fact, dating Shakira. Work wen't well, profit was made. I also have been able to see my family a bit more than in the past which has been very theraputic. I'm working with Da' on a surveying project and I always enjoy when he asks my thoughts on the value of upcoming land projects he is formulating.

SO! All in all, things are going well. I'll leave you all with a little snip from a transaction between my nephew, LMX, and I.

(We had just run out into one of the back fields, run through the woods, rolled down a hill and were now en route back to the house.)

LMX: (breathing a bit heavy and sounding tired) Why's my voice getting deepuh?
Me: Well, you're tired from all the exercise. Your body is worn out, using more oxygen and this makes your voice more unstable.
LMX: It's tired?
Me: Yep. Your voice is tired.
LMX: Well then I'm not gonna tawk anymowah.
Me: You're not gonna talk anymore?
LMX: *humming*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Lmx is getting a healthy Maine accent.

btw, I'm interested in a copy of your story. I want to know what happened to the guy.

Ave said...

That is so funny, you tell it way better then I do. I think that a new job would help you psyche this winter. You are way under appreciated in that dark place with the artificial lighting.

andalucy said...

That is so cute about Lmx.

Hey, I want a copy of your story!!